I got to poking around in our Google Analytics today, and decided to find out what the top Small Act blog posts were for the entire time we've had the site.
After filtering out some posts that are out-of-date (how-tos that no longer apply, etc.), here are the most popular blog posts on our site. I hope you find them helpful!
20. The Ultimate Social Media Event Marketing Checklist [Infographic]
Feb. 6, 2013
Planning your social media strategy for an event? This infographic makes it easy.
19. The future of social media for nonprofits
Jan. 31, 2012
In this post, I made some semi-educated guesses as to what the nonprofit social media landscape would look like five and ten years from now. But my ultimate point was - it doesn't matter. The state of the technology doesn't change the fact that nonprofits need to be using whatever is available to build better relationships with their members and donors.
18. The value of Facebook Likes for nonprofits in 2013
Jan. 28, 2013
In this guest post, Cody Damon begs everyone to stop trying to put a monetary value on Facebook Likes, once and for all, and instead focus on Facebook's value as a tool and how it can help your organization.
17. Making your tweets readable and retweetable
Mar. 9, 2010
Oh, nostalgia. This is one of the first posts I wrote for Small Act. It includes some quick do's and don'ts about how to format tweets in the best way possible.
16. Success is not defined, nor is the path to get there. Be wild!
July 17, 2012
This may be my favorite blog post I've written for Small Act. In it, I write about people who are breaking the rules to carve their own paths to success, particularly in social media, and how those examples should inspire nonprofits to take more risks.
15. WEBINAR: Finding Support for Your Project With Foundation Grants to Individuals Online
Jan. 27, 2012
The Foundation Center launched a cool new tool last year, aimed at individuals seeking grants, and they showed it off in this webinar.
14. Are you following our top five #nptech-ies yet? You should be.
Feb. 8, 2012
Though this post is over a year old, it still holds true. These five folks consistently provide some of the best content on social media, and you should totally follow them.
13. Top 8 nonprofit tech blogs
Mar. 13, 2012
Want to follow some quality blogs on nonprofits and technology? Here are your best bets.
12. Tell your organization's story visually...on Pinterest
Jan. 26, 2012
I wrote this post when Pinterest was just becoming A Thing and a lot of nonprofits weren't really sure what to make of it. This post explained the basics of what Pinterest is, along with some basic Pinterest etiquette.
11. How to write the perfect fundraising email
Sept. 13, 2012
I got a truly awesome fundraising email from DonorsChoose.org. I had to share it!
10. Building an awesome nonprofit culture, part 2: Value, welcome, define, and celebrate
Mar. 30, 2011
This post was part of a series our staff wrote for Sisarina about nonprofits. In this post, our Chief Love Officer wrote about how to build an awesome nonprofit culture. Given the traffic this post has received, it's clearly an important subject that still resonates.
9. When someone asks if your org should be on social media, you say “YES!”
Jan. 19, 2012
Of all the blog post titles I've written, I think this is my favorite, and it's also one of my favorite posts I've written for Small Act. This post represents a kind of a turning point for the Small Act blog, a moment when I took a risk and wrote something a bit edgier and from the heart (namely, my frustration at hearing people STILL asking the question of whether their organization SHOULD be on social media). Fortunately, the risk paid off!
8. It's time for nonprofit social media memes!
Feb. 13, 2012
You can thank/blame Reddit for this post.
7. 13 nonprofit Pinterest board ideas
Feb. 11, 2013
The National Wildlife Federation, American Red Cross and others have some really interesting and creative Pinterest boards. Take a look!
6. 5 ways for nonprofits to use promotional products effectively
July 19, 2011
Jocelyn Azada, CEO of Promotional Product Solutions, wrote this guest post on how promotional products can help nonprofits raise awareness, raise money, thank volunteers, and more.
5. Top 20 ways to sabotage your nonprofit's social media efforts
Apr. 13, 2012
This is a long list of things you shouldn't try at your nonprofit unless you want to invite social media/PR disaster. This post also contains a bonus Star Trek quote, which makes me extraordinarily happy.
4. 18 awesome nonprofit Facebook Timeline cover photos
Feb. 13, 2013
There are a lot of great nonprofit Timeline cover photos out there. This blog post highlights 18 of them.
3. 12 free ebooks on nonprofits, social media and fundraising
Feb. 15, 2012
Who doesn't love free stuff?
2. Profitable nonprofits
Mar. 17, 2011
This was another post in our nonprofit blog series on Sisarina.com. While it veers from our usual focus of nonprofits and technology, it tells some really neat stories about how nonprofits can be profitable.
And the number one most popular blog post on our site is...
1. What Batman quotes can teach us about nonprofit social media
July 19, 2012
Sooo...the search traffic for this post (which was released the same day as "The Dark Knight Rises") comes almost entirely from people searching for the image I used in that post, a popular meme at the time. But it's still a fun post!
Which of the posts above is your favorite?