What is LinkedIn?
- LinkedIn is a professionally-driven social network where you can share your resume and hopefully find a job.
- LinkedIn also features groups related to various professional interests, for networking purposes.
- Brand engagement with LinkedIn is limited and brand pages/groups/etc. don’t typically get much exposure.
- BUT...LinkedIn has a different audience than other social networks, and is a great place to be if you want to reach folks who don’t spend a lot of time on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
General LinkedIn strategy: Groups, ads
- Start a group related to your organization (if large or heavily volunteer-driven) and/or interest area. Keep the conversation going.
- Try ads targeted at the sorts of folks you want as potential donors.
- Consider using it as a recruiting tool (job postings do cost money, but it can be very effective).
- Create a company page and keep it up-to-date regarding your work and services.
- Check out the LinkedIn Learning Center for Nonprofits.
Image credit: SCALA