What are they?
- Flickr, Instagram, Hipstamatic, etc.
- Photo sharing sites and apps allow users to share photos with friends and/or the world at large.
- Some offer the ability to add fun effects to your photos as well.
- These sites and apps offer a great chance to showcase “visual” causes (particularly ones working with animals, nature, etc.).
- They give you the ability to showcase people engaging with your cause, i.e. volunteers.
- You can create real-time, collaborative albums for events.
- You can conduct contests (like National Geographic did with Hipstamatic in honor of the release of their movie, "Life in a Day").
General photo-sharing strategy: Target your audiences
- Show your brand’s visual side.
- Consider contests/real-time group photo sharing. Give people the hashtag you're using in advance of an event and encourage them to contribute their pictures.
- Engage in subcommunities. Find people doing things similar to what you are and use relevant hashtags.
What’s your top photo-sharing tip?