What are they?
- Foursquare, SCVNGR, Google Latitude, etc.
- Programs that allow you to share your current location with friends and occasionally participate in games.
- Great way to showcase your organization if you operate out of a brick & mortar situation or hold large events.
- Offers new ways to engage with people who visit your location or event.
General location-based service strategy: Offer unique opportunities to engage
- Offer free stuff or exclusive access to people who check in (great example: Wow Bao in Chicago).
- Post interesting trivia about your establishment (especially great for museums and libraries).
- Send people on a scavenger hunt.
- Include your special events as places where people can check in.
What’s your top tip for using location-based services?
Graphic credit: Cambodia4KidsOrg on Flickr